Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Votemap

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

So, I'd like to bring this issue back up since it is still an issue, just an issue on the other side that was originally brought up.

Right now it takes 100% of the players in the server to /votemap the same map in order to change the map. Now, I understand the complaint that started this, but here is the issue.

As others have pointed out, the system counts Spectators and Bots as people. So, if there are 3 people in the server and 1 bot and the map changes to a shitty map, everyone leaves because it would take 4 to votemap. Instead of being able to switch to a good map that brings in players. (like what just happened). Also, during normal playing times, people will come to a map that they (and probably the majority of players on) don't like, and knowing that it is impossible to do a votemap now, they will just leave and maybe come back later.

So, since probably 70% of the time that I play at least there is a person in spec or a bot in game (early morning), votemapping is impossible.

I think that having a valid RTV system in place if important for keeping the server populated and is a real value add to the server. I just don't like seeing everyone clear out of the server because votemap is impossible and they don't like the map.

Is there a chance that something can be done with this?

PeaceKeeper & Admin|AΦΩ| Kung Fu Master NoogyMan's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13921051

You're correct. Someone is in Spec almost every min of every day when a good GunGame day is going down. I don't think the RTV should be put back into place because that did get way to out of hand. Its just that 100% is a little over the top. It needs to be lowered down to maybe75-80% at the most. That way people have a chance to change the map and they need a majority of the server to do so....
    Hey All I'm NoogyMan! You Only Wish You Were Me, But That's Understandable.....
    Alpha Phi Omega
    "National Service Fraternity"
    Pi Omicron Chapter
    Brother Name : Mister Deeds

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

Anything that works! Yet again just now I was playing and it went to a map that sucks for 6-8 people but rocks for 12-20 people.. then since there is no possibility to votemap, most people left and then it was just 2 ppl on a shitty map that wont encourage more people to join :P

I don't think it's an issue with shitty maps, there are just some maps that are awesome with the right number of people but aren't so awesome when you have very few people.

I hope something can get done w/ this.

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

Bump on this... Any word from the Jr Owners? Can a change to this be considered? Maybe the NU Gods???

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:16187503

So it sounds like we need to change the RTV vote to what like 70 - 75%?

@ Nat or maybe Sio, can you fix this when one of you guys get a chance.

Thanks.
    [center][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/tomca631/jackd_gif2.gif[/IMG][/center]

[center]U%|}[/center]

[center][COLOR="Red"]|Ň/Ú| siosios: thise 2 cab cgat at ne wgeb u waje yo ub ub the morning im too drunk right noiw[/COLOR][/center]

Inactive
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:2381628

Yes please. fix when you guys get a chance.

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

Fixed as per Sio.

Thank you!
    [center][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/tomca631/jackd_gif2.gif[/IMG][/center]

[center]U%|}[/center]

[center][COLOR="Red"]|Ň/Ú| siosios: thise 2 cab cgat at ne wgeb u waje yo ub ub the morning im too drunk right noiw[/COLOR][/center]

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

Schweet. Thanks Sio / Jackd!

Inactive Trailor Trash
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13039896

Well i know the issue has been fixed or is being fixed. but it also stems down to cogbern being a whinnie little bitch.

he complains more than my wife, and says he never camps. both of which everyone knows he does. heaven forbid you piss off cogbern. "he has friends that will ban me" how many good OLD timers have left these servers? and good admins have left? i think you need to look into who you listen to more. you know why i'm not admin anymore.

it seems to me one person can make a post about something they don't like and BAM you change the server for them. fuck that. N/U used to be a GREAT place to hang out. not so much anymore. i did realize there are other good servers out there.

Just look how empty your servers are these days, That should be all you need to do.
    Blaming a gun for killing someone is like blaming a pencil for a miss spelled word.

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

Wow Killer rage much.

First of all you can come in here and bitch all you want, but no one is forcing you to play our servers.

Second of all we did not change the vote thing just because Cogbern gets his way but because 7 (go ahead and count them) 7 regs, jr owners, past jr owners, and admins all posted asking us to change it.

Thirdly (is that a word?) Have you ever talked to anyone about your GG issues or did you just hold everything in and decide to lash out on the forums just now.

WE CAN'T FIX IT IF WE DON'T KNOW IT'S BROKEN!

And yes some of our server(s) have been challenged for many reasons which we are working on but its not because of Cogbern.

If you have issues lets settle it in private if you want to take the time.

[center]U%|}[/center]

Thread Information